For many centuries, people have used essential oils for anxiety to help relieve stress and calm them down. The oils have aromatic molecules that pass through the brain barrier and affect the areas that control feelings, anxiety, stress, depression, and panic.
Essential oils are natural oils extracted from plants and used to manage anxiety. They have been found to have a tumultuous effect on the brain, heart rate, and many other body organs.
Best Essential Oils for Anxiety
The Egyptians, the Chine, and Indians have used essential oils for various purposes on different occasions. Thus, the modern use of essential oils to manage anxiety is not a new thing. Today, the following essential oils we use for anxiety:
1. Lavender – these essential oils have a calming effect and can be used to make the user relax. They help to restore the nervous system and assist people to remain at peace with themselves.
2. Rose – is one of the oils that is used to calm down anxious people because it helps the emotional heart to settle.
3. Vetiver– has a tranquil effect and can help stabilize and calm down anxious people.
4. Ylang Ylang – is used to treat depression and anxiety. It has both an uplifting and a calming effect.
5. Bergamot – has a floral taste and is commonly used to treat depression, reduce agitation and induce relation.
6. Chamomile – it has a calming scent and can be used to reduce irritability, anxiety, overthinking and worry.
7. Frankincense – it is commonly used to treat anxiety and depression as it provides a calming effect and deepens meditation.
How to Use Essential Oils for Anxiety
Using essential oils for anxiety is simple. All you have to do is to add a few drops in a bathtub and soak yourself in it. By adding a few spoons of baking soda and a cup of Epson salts, it helps to detox heavy metals and can effectively soothe your skin. Alternatively, you can open the bottle and sniff it. Note that you should never apply essential oils on the skin because it can irritate. Also, ensure that the essential oils are well diluted using carrier oils such as olive or coconut oils before you use them.
Essential Oils for Anxiety in Children
The use of essential oils to manage anxiety dates back to the biblical days when they were used on Jesus Christ upon his birth. Thus, in the modern times, essential oils can be used to calm anxiety in children. If you have hyperactive kids or those who simply get angry at anything, you can use essential oils to calm them down. However, it is critical that you use the oils sparingly since the kid’s immune system is still developing and so they may react to the substances negatively. To use essential oils for anxiety in children, you need to dilute it using a carrier oil before applying it to the skin.
Essential oils for anxiety can be used to induce calmness in both the adults and children. However, it is important that we remain cautious and take precautions when we choose to use them. Note that you should never administer them orally. Also, when you choose to apply them on the skin, ensure that they are well diluted. Lastly, when you decide to introduce them to children, make sure that you do it bit by bit as you look out for any sensitive reaction.
Enter your Email and you will get 5% discount coupon.